How to Buy a Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Impact directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Idaho). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name into the ‘Ship To’ field.
- Find a dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don’t know which dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer get us a copy of his signed license, he can email a copy to: email@example.com. It is important to make sure that your name or order number is with the dealer’s license so that we know to apply it to your order.
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from us. If you used a dealer that we already had on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
Age Restrictions on Firearms
You must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or shotgun with a pistol grip. You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or standard shotgun (without a pistol grip.)